John and Jo are UK trained Osteopaths with nearly 40 years experience between them. They are passionate about what they do and treat all ages from newborn through to the elderly.
"We studied at the British School of Osteopathy in London and graduated in 2001. We then built up a successful clinic in the UK and also worked in a very busy NHS clinic with strong GP ties. We moved back to New Zealand in 2008 and took over and revamped a clinic in West Auckland and built up our own practice in Birkenhead.
Over our time in practice we have come to observe common patterns and problems that people seem to struggle with and we wanted to offer a clinic that could offer a total solution to todays modern lifestyle demands. We work using Osteopathy, Mat Pilates, Kinesio-taping, ergonomic advice as well as advice on diet, lifestyle changes, ergonomics and exercise.
As parents of 2 very busy boys we understand the problems parents face trying to balance busy lifestyles and the changing needs and demands of growing bodies! Developing good habits in our children is a strong passion and driving force for us and we love watching our younger patients grow and thrive.
- John and Jo both have a Bsc(hons) Ost.
- Jo has a PG DIPAnimalOSteopathy and a has completed a course in advanced equine osteopathy.
- Jo has completed levels 1 and 3 of APPI Mat Pilates
- Jo has completed levels 1 and 2 Kinesiotaping
- John has completed postgraduate courses in myofascial release, paedeatric osteopathy and is particularly interested in desk and car seat set ups.